Saturday 20 March 2010

1st Round Round-Up

No perfect bracket this year :( But still a hell of a 1st round. I was hoping to do well, but I wasn't expecting 26-6 (81%). On ESPN, this bracket is ranked 42,921, or 99.1%.

Correct upset picks:

13 Murray St over 4 Vanderbilt
12 Cornell over 5 Temple
11 Old Dominion over 6 Notre Dame
11 Marquette over 6 Washington
10 St. Mary's over 7 Richmond
10 Missouri over 7 Clemson
10 Georgia Tech over 7 Oklahoma St

Only 2 teams knocked out of Sweet 16:

11 San Diego St U
12 Utah St

Most Disappointing Game:

9 Wake Forest over 8 Texas
Wtf, Texas, why do you disappoint me every year. Time to find a new coach. They choked a round earlier than anticipated.

Given the first round losses, the only change to the bracket is 6 Tennessee losing to 2 Ohio St in the Sweet 16. Otherwise, all current winners are still predicted to move on.

Best of luck to all and feel free to share your success/failure stories.


*******

The model had St. Mary's as a marginal favorite but the higher seeded Villanova got the benefit of the doubt :( Trust the model

BTW, St. Mary victory has them beating Baylor and losing to Duke.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any NBA tonight?

RLWJR said...

Took a beating that 2nd round..... dropped to the 76th percentile at Yahoo, and tied for 4th in my group.

"Timber" said...

Any News on the MLB Capper? been busy? I haven't seen you around much at all.

The Sim Capper said...

MLB Capper... I'm not currently working on it. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to devote to it, but never say never.

NBA regular season is over but picks will be back up for the playoffs.

"Timber" said...

Gotcha, good luck, IM still looking at building something for the NHL, but now that MLB has started I am gonna see what kind of angle I coudl do.. I have been working on leanring access for my job so hoping I cna transfer some of it over to something.