Wednesday 17 March 2010

March Madness 2010

It's finally that time of year again. Time to throw productivity out the window for a couple weeks. Using a method similar to the one used for NBA predictions, I've been able to place in the money in pools for 4 out of the past 5 years. Typically, the first few rounds are a little iffy, but after the sweet 16, the points really start to roll in. In 2008, this model nailed all of the teams in the Final 4, the Finals, and it picked the Champ.

Take 'em or leave 'em, here are the picks:

March Madness 2010

Also, here's an interesting article about filling out brackets

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that the the Midwest tab contains the East teams.

The Sim Capper said...

d'oh! fixed.

RLWJR said...

Just recently found your site. I've been tracking your picks in the NBA and your work is fantastic! Was hoping you'd do a NCAA bracket, and viola! Awesome! Thanks!

RLWJR said...

Catching some guff over the BYU/Kansas St. game..... can you give me a score? Any details?

The Sim Capper said...

Sorry, can't give you a score, but I can say this:

Out of the 16 games in that round of the tourney, the average win margin is 3.01 pts. BYU has a 5.98 pt advantage over Kansas St.

The largest margin for that round is Kansas over UNLV at 7.28. The second largest margin is BYU at 5.98.

But it's up to you.

RLWJR said...

I went with your picks all the way..... I'm more of a football guy than basketball. Should be a fun diversion and I appreciate your work!

The Sim Capper said...

Well then good luck to us both and let's be the first to fill out a perfect bracket... the odds are only 9*10^18 to 1.

RLWJR said...

14 of 19 so far. Hell, 74%, can't complain about that! At least I don't think you can, this is my first time doing a bracket competition like this. It's got me in 9th of 125 in my group at Yahoo, and in the 95th percentile of all players at Yahoo!