Thursday 11 December 2008

12/11 Picks & Other Things as Well

Hey loyal Black Boxers, I'd like to ask two favors. I take the time every morning to run the program and post the picks, then every night I post the results. Since I'm commiting this time, I'd like to know if I'm helping people out. If I am helping, then I'll be happy to continue to habitually post these picks. So, please take a second to email me at blackboxsports@gmail.com or just post a comment at the bottom of the post. It doesn't have to be long, maybe just "I'm up $x" or "You ruined me, asshole." I'd also love to here some suggestions and I'll be glad to implement them wherever possible.

Second, please tell all of your friends about NBA Black Box, and NFL Black Box, for that matter. If you've got a website of your own, let's trade links. If you go to forums, make mention of it. Traffic to NBA Black Box is up over 100% from a month ago, thanks to all of you. But, I think we can do better. Everyone deserves to benefit from Black Box Sports.

One more thing: the URL www.blackboxsports.com is already taken, which is very disappointing because Black Box Sports is an awesome name and it perfectly describes this operation. I'd like to get a website of my own, so the time to change names is drawing near. Therefore, I'll be holding a competition to decide on a new name. The winner gets a sweet prize which will totally be worth the minimal effort it takes to think of a name and email to me. The guidelines are as follows: 1) The name has to allude to some sort of computer/programming/science-y/simulation/mathematics subject. For example, a black box is a system where one enters input information into a program and receives an output without being able to see the calculations that transformed the data. That's what NFL and NBA Black Box are. 2) The name must have an available URL and not already be in use. 3) Most importantly, it has to be sexy.

That's all I have to say for now. Thanks!

Jonathan

BOS -10.5 at WAS
Winner: Boston
Spread: BOS -10.5
Underdog: N/A


CHA at DAL -13.5
Winner: Dallas
Spread: DAL -13.5
Underdog: N/A


POR at UTA -2.5
Winner: SPLIT
Spread: POR +2.5
Underdog: N/A



Correct Games Win%
WINS 2 2 100.0%
SPREAD 1 3 33.3%
***** 0 0 ---
UNDERDOG WIN 0 0 ---

No comments: